JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 987
Displaying items by tag: submissions
Our activities in 2021
Although most of our walks and talks have had to be cancelled there has been lots of activity behind the scenes.
Walks were scheduled for every month but either the weather or COVID intervened so the only walks held were on 21 March (Pennant Hills Park), 21 April (Lawson), 24 April (Sheldon Forest Heritage Walk), 23 May (St Ives Showground), 20 June (Devlins Creek, rain affected but still went ahead) then the COVID lockdown hit. Somehow these activities feel to have been in the dim distant past.
We finally managed to hear Prof Culum Brown’s talk on shark behaviour after it had been postponed by the South Turramurra bushfire in 2019 and then COVID in 2020. A summary of Culum’s talk is in STEP Matters, May 2021 issue.
Talks on Julian’s Hibbertia and Gondwanan Plants of the Sydney Region have had to be cancelled.
There has been plenty of work to do preparing submissions of local issues and plans.
- March – Barra Brui synthetic turf proposal
- May – Eden Gardens high rise development
- May – Hornsby Park and Westleigh Park masterplans
- June – Gordon Flying Fox Reserve Plan of Management
- June – Northern Beaches Tunnel and links
- June – Mirvac demolition DA
- July – proposed sale of Bales Park, Roseville
- August – St Ives Showground draft Plan of Management
- September – Mirvac EPBC referral
- September – Ku-ring-gai fauna management policy
- September – Hassall Park redevelopment