Walks and Talks
Our walks and talks are free and open to all.
Held at 8 pm at St Andrews Uniting Church, corner of Chisholm Street and Vernon Street, Turramurra. There's no need to book – just come along!
Walks program for 2020 available soon.
We run two sorts of walks; our introduction to to local bushland walks are 2 h long whilst our other walks explore further afield and usually take 4 to 5 h.
Please register so we can contact you if necessary, eg if we cancel due to bad weather.
- For safety reasons and the enjoyment of walkers, numbers are limited
- Bushwalking can be hazardous: we usually walk on unsealed, uneven surfaces which may slope and be slippery or loose; insects may bite or sting; snakes are rare but may be seen
- If you are an inexperienced bushwalker or have a medical condition which could affect your walk, please discuss with your leader prior to departure
- Wear strong, comfortable, enclosed footwear with a non-slippery sole
- Bring plenty of water, appropriate food, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, insect repellent and wet weather gear if necessary
- Dispose of any rubbish in a thoughtful manner
- Only trained assistance dogs are allowed on our walks
All our walks are grade 2 or 3 according to the Australian Walking Track Grading System and are usually less than 10 km:
- Grade 2 (easy) – no bushwalking experience required. The track is hardened or compacted surface and may have a gentle hill section or sections and occasional steps.
- Grade 3 (moderate) – suitable for most ages and fitness levels. Some bushwalking experience recommended. Tracks may have short steep hill sections, a rough surface and many steps.